Welcome to the Drake Project Working Group!
First, some links to useful definitions:
The Drake Equation - Wikipedia
The Drake Equation - SETI Institute
The Drake NSA Leaks
The Drake Explorer
The Drake Hunter
The Drake Huntee
I will start posting more entries when we have a few people connected!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is what a deleted comment looks like....
DeleteI'm in! I've got a couple of ideas that woke me up this morning, but first I need to figure out how to do this. :-)
ReplyDeleteWelcome aboard!!! I look forward to hearing your ideas!
DeleteI so enjoyed our time together last night and....
ReplyDeleteI met a Biomedical Scientufic writer today....and without telling anything (I don't know the words) asked if he might be interested in learning more and he (Bill) is....william.snyder@vanderbilt.edu......he indicated that he knew of you and that you had not worked together....Serendipity....synchronicity...the universe.....a writer was the missing link last night...i am curious....keep me posted John
Could we relate the "how does this affect me?" question to some common human problem like cancer or AIDS? How could the events in our expose be caused by (or maybe even cured by) the events in the report? That might be a huge stretch and require a lot more medical "imagination" though... Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteI agree that will be a huge stretch. We clearly need to keep this in mind. One of the questions I mentioned is that we need to examine the possibility that the ETMR (Extraterrestrial mining robot) brought in any pathogens or benevolent life forms. This will be worth considering -- that could really affect people!
DeleteWhen more of our collaboration group is enrolled in the blog, we should probably talk first about where the report is going to take us. We need a focus for the event so we can research meaningfully.
ReplyDeleteWe can start that discussion now - I see us producing a science fiction book that would be published sold on the open market. Spin-offs could include a blog, but I think the initial focus should be on the book. Your thoughts?
DeleteJust getting into the blog; thanks. Great discussion on Sat night.
ReplyDeleteI think timeline determination for the report/event is critical early on as that will determine how much real (technical) information we can use or will need. We talked about 70's, 80's etc as well as a modern day event.
Can this report be a 'discovery' of an earlier event/report? Or an updated version of a shelved project?....etc
Certainly lots of directions to go from here...!
Very good point! I think the "report" will be more interesting and we will have access to a lot more material if we make it a current, modern day event. This will give us the latest access to storylines about IceCube, the Russian Meteor, and seismic events. That said, I think we can then use this event to look back at the historical record, and see if we can "identify" earlier events that may have been prior landings. There is no reason to assume that the earlier landings were either successful, or involved active mining, but in fact may have been missions to explore Earth - think of this from the perspective of Mars - how many missions have landed on Mars, both soft and crash....
DeleteHere's a link to something called the South Atlantic Anomaly, a region on the east coast of South American but continuing across the continent, that might be useful in discovering how the aliens are "camouflaging" their penetration of the Earth's atmosphere. http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/q525.html As regards the timeframe of the event that caused the report, we should keep in in the late 90s or early part of this century so we can stamp it with known technology and keep it relevant to current readers.
ReplyDeleteWell guys I finally made it.. I usually stay away from email on the weekends and it only took me a while to remember what my Google password was... but I'm here and in. Over the past few days I've been googling anything related to Chile in the news and found a few things of interest which I'll summarize here but provide links to late. 2010 there was a major earthquake and modest tsunami. About the same time a large lake disappeared and locals attributed it to a UFO sucking it up. All that remained were the icebergs and large crevices on the lake floor. The mining accident where the miners were eventually rescued might have an interesting side play. Chile is one of the few countries who has an official department related to UFOs due to the frequency of reports. There is an ancient lore of a ghost ship that appears and disappears off the coast and dates back to the mid 1800s. There's a schooner that disappear in the 1800s. Anyway I'm here and I'd like to catalogue obscure events from the region that may or may not be woven into the fabric of the story.
ReplyDelete